Mussel Bee Hoon Soup. Our soup base is made from ikan bilis base and we finish it off with a good splash of evaporated milk for those who love your soup creamy! If you're looking for the ingredients for this dish. Kikkoman Cookbook mainly introduces Japanese dishes using Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
Enjoy your taste with Kikkoman Soy Sauce! Chinese Fish Bee Hoon Soup: Step-by-Step Photos · Recipe Fish Bee Hoon Soup is one of my favourite comfort foods. The key lies in the soup, and the traditional way of making it is to use fish bones – the bones are first coated in cornflour then pan-fried until crispy. You can have Mussel Bee Hoon Soup using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mussel Bee Hoon Soup
- You need of Mussels (1 packet) (has 20+ mussels in the packet).
- Prepare of Shallots.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of White wine.
- It’s of Celery.
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
- You need of Bee Hoon (I use 1/4 packet).
Discard ikan bilis (note: for convenience, use disposable soup pouches to contain the ikan bilis). Season to taste with salt or light soy sauce, if needed. With the ikan bilis stock simmering in the pot, add fish balls and cook until they float to the surface. Fish head bee hoon is a very comforting dish and it is great in cold weather.
Mussel Bee Hoon Soup step by step
- Soak the bee hoon.
- Chop garlic, shallots, celery to fine pieces..
- In a stockpot or any pot you fancy, melt butter..
- Put in chopped garlic and shallots and fry till fragrant..
- Next, add in the celery. Fry for a while..
- Add in chicken stock. Let it boil..
- In the mean time, in another pot, I cook the bee Hoon in boiling water. Then remove, drained the bee Hoon. Soak it in cool water..
- When your broth starts to boil, add in the mussels. Add in the white wine. Cover lid to cook till the mussels open up..
- Once mussels are ready, add in the bee Hoon..
The soup is extremely appetizing with slight sourish taste from the pickled mustard green and tomato. The stock has a really nice aroma as the fish head pieces are deep fried first before they are boiled in the water. Shell shrimps, cut lengthwise into half; Boil lean meat in the same stock. When cooked, remove meat and slice thinly. Probably the one dish I would eat before I die.