Pork in shrimp paste and coconut. I used the whole can of coconut milk and also added some red curry paste and chili sauce. Add in shrimp paste and reduce heat to low. It consists of large chunks of pork belly and boiled eggs slowly braised in coconut juice.
These crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying. For dipping sauce, I use orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. You can have Pork in shrimp paste and coconut using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork in shrimp paste and coconut
- Prepare 4 of boneless centre-cut pork chops, about 3/4 in. thick.
- It’s 1 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 can of coconut milk (about 5 oz.).
- It’s 1 of large handful cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno or Serrano pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shrimp paste (I used Barrio Fiesta brand sweet bagoong).
A quick shrimp stew cooked in a tomato coconut broth with a hint of lime and cilantro. Loved this… I used some comment suggestions and added Thai curry paste and also added shallots. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. Baking coconut shrimp in a conventional oven was our least favorite cooking method because Let me know if that helps.
Pork in shrimp paste and coconut step by step
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Sear them in a hot pan on medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, then remove them to a plate..
- Add the shallots to the pan and sweat them for 1 minute..
- Add the water, vinegar, and bay leaves to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits from the bottom. Once the liquid comes to a simmer, add the garlic. Continue simmering until reduced by about half..
- Stir the coconut milk and bagoong into the pan and bring to a simmer. Return the chops and any juices to the pan. Add the tomatoes and pepper. Let simmer 1 minute. Serve atop plain steamed rice..
Coconut shrimp is a shrimp dish prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers. These dishes aren't really difficult to whip up. Pork belly cooked in shrimp paste and This Ampalaya with Alamang Recipe is a low-cost meal that is good for the family.