Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe. Dredge chicken in starch then place it in a pan. Leave it on a paper towel for a moment. There are many different Karaage recipes.
See great recipes for Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe too! I was born in a small town called Nobeoka on the southern island of Kyushu, Japan. Nobeoka isn't known for much, but their virtually unknown claim to fame is a small diner not far from Nobeoka station, that invented Chicken Nanban (チキン南蛮). You can cook Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe
- Prepare 600 g of Chicken thigh.
- You need 6 Tbs of Starch.
- You need of (Seasoning chicken).
- It’s 1 Tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sake or White wine.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Grated ginger.
- Prepare of (Tartar sauce).
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Milk.
- It’s 6 Tbs of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need of (Sweet vinegar sauce).
- It’s 3 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbs of Sake or White wine.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of Starch.
Through some miracle (or because the dish is so damn good), this humble dish managed to work its way from my hometown into Japanese restaurants. With easy ingredients and fail-proof methods, each of these recipes is the workhorse of Japanese home cooks. You'll find sweet and sour chicken meatballs, teriyaki chicken, butter shoyu chicken, crispy bite-size karaage fried chicken and more on the menu. This appetizer is quite popular in Chinese restaurant.
Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe instructions
- Cut chicken thigh into bite size then add a seasonings and mix it well..
- (Tartar sauce) Crack 2 eggs into a heat resistant bowl and add milk then mix it well. Put it in microwave 600w for 90 seconds without cover. Flake the egg, add mayonnaise and sugar mix it well. This is the quick recipe for tartar sauce !.
- Dredge chicken in starch then place it in a pan. Pour 2 Tbs oil on the chicken starts high heat, when it gets high temperature change to medium heat and cook for 5 min. Turn it over and stay 5 min again, then crisp it over with high heat on the end. Leave it on a paper towel for a moment..
- Wash a pan and cool down it then put all the seasonings for sweet vinegar sauce on it, when the starch melt turn it on high heat. Once it boiled turn it off and put the chicken back into a pan then mix it lightly..
- Presentation time ♬ with salad and tomato (^^♪ It's also good for sandwich !! Bon Appetit.
- The cooking video on YouTube → "Coozy Life Chicken" Have a good cooking time guys (^_-)-☆.
This pro recipe can be arrange to an other chicken dishes. Chicken Namban Japanese dish / Children's acclaimed recipe It's a one of famous local cuisine in Japan, it's marinated fried chicken with tartar sauce ! Reduce the heat to the lowest setting to keep the vinegar warm while you prepare the chicken. Chicken Nanban is deep-fried chicken with tartar sauce, a dish from Miyazaki prefecture in Kyusyu, the southern big island of Japan. The chicken is… Continue Reading → Chicken Nanban is a local specialty in Miyazaki Prefecture.