Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer oxtail and onion to a slow cooker. Back to this oxtail soup, like most of my stew recipes, I preferred to brown the oxtail first on the stove rather than throwing everything in the slow cooker.
You want it to be nice and clean. In slow cooker, add water, oxtail, potatoes, carrots, peppercorns, bay leaves, celery, onion, and salt. If using regular barley, add at this time too. You can cook Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker
- You need 500 grams of oxtail.
- You need 3 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 of medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated mace.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth (or 2 cups of water with bullion cubes).
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped celery.
When meat is tender, take meat off bones and return to broth. THE BEST OXTAILS AND GRAVY IN THE CROCKPOT Southern Smothered Oxtails in the Slow Cooker. Mistakes Everyone Makes Using The Slow Cooker – Duration:.
Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker instructions
- Put everything except chopped celery in slow cooker..
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours..
- Set to WARM and put chopped celery about 15 minutes before serving..
Uber-Hearty Oxtail Soup Recipe – Slow Cooker Method. This oxtail soup recipe is rich and meaty, with the perfect thick brown sauce that clings to the beef. It's a perfectly deliciously and hearty dish. This Slow Cooker Oxtail Stew is hearty, mouthwatering and incredibly tender! Melt-in-your-mouth beef loaded with potatoes, carrots, and peas, all smothered in an incredibly tasty stew broth, this Slow Cooker Oxtail Stew is a comforting, delicious meal any day of the week.