Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot). Place roast in a slow cooker. Form a pocket in the top of roast and place butter, pepperoncini peppers, ranch dressing mix, and au jus mix in the pocket. Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is slow cooker goodness!
I am very excited about today's recipe. This is one pot recipe I've used many times. Recently I did a small group taste test with Mississippi Pot Roast and another well known and loved pot roast. You can cook Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot)
- Prepare 3-4 lb. of roast.
- It’s 1 oz. of ranch dressing packet (powder).
- Prepare 1 oz. of onion soup envelope (powder).
- It’s 1 stick of (or quarter lb.) of butter.
- It’s 16 oz. of jar of pepperoncini, including apx. 2 TBS. of the juice from the jar.
When they were side by side the Mississippi Pot Roast was the clear winner. I do recommend searing the Roast prior to the crockpot cooking. Crock Pot Mississippi Beef Roast Recipe. Cris texted me the other day and said to put on this roast recipe that I'm sharing with you.
Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) step by step
- Place roast in the crockpot (slow cooker) Sprayed with cooking spray. Some people prefer to brown the meat first, but I find this isn’t necessary..
- Coat roast with the ranch powder mix and onion soup mix..
- Top with a stick of butter..
- Place pepperoncini around the roast and pour in the juice from the jar (about 2 TBS)..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours..
- After it’s cooked, shred with a fork, mix well and serve over mashed potatoes..
After I got all the ingredients together I thought to myself, "This dish is too simple to make and be all that GOODe…" Mississippi Roast (Crockpot) Recipe by Scoutie. I am putting this here for safe-keeping, it looks great! From the gal who posted this recipe on the site called Sweet Tea and Cornbread: "I used a mixture of jalapeno and pepperoncini peppers. I like the pepper rings because they disintegrate in the cooking process and just become part of the. A Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is a perfect comfort food meal.