Crockpot Cabbage Rolls. It is a bit of a mystery where the stuffed cabbage roll comes from. I am not really sure despite a lot of Google research. There have been versions of stuffed cabbage leaves for thousands of years so it is a little hard to tell.
Recently, I've been making a cabbage roll casserole… so much quicker than rolling up the rolls themselves and equally delicious! Place cabbage rolls seam side down in slow cooker, in two layers so they are touching but not over crowded either. Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over rolls. You can cook Crockpot Cabbage Rolls using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Cabbage Rolls
- You need 1/2 of tblsp Italian seasoning, sage, black pepper, oregano.
- You need 2 of tblsp thyme, parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of onions, diced.
- You need 1 of tblsp mrs dash, garlic salt.
- Prepare 1.5 of tblsp seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 lb of ground hamburger.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of giant head cabbage.
- You need 2 cans of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cans of tomatoe soup.
- You need 2 cans of tomatoe sauce.
Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Crockpot Cabbage Rolls – try my traditional cabbage rolls with ground pork, rolled in sour cabbage leaves and slowly cooked in a crockpot. So simple and a definitely a favorite!
Crockpot Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Boil whole cabbage til leaves are soft, tearable, loose. Let cool.
- In a bowl mix hamburger, eggs, herbs and spices.
- Wash up, don't cross contaminate. Raw is raw.
- Gently tear those leaves off cabbage, keeping tearing at a minimum.
- Grease the crockpot.
- Put some meat in the center of the leaf, fold like a burrito.
- Place the rolls folded aide down til bottom layer is full.
- Wash up.
- Pour 1 can of diced tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe soup on top.
- Repeat steps 6, 7, 8, 9.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
Romanian cuisine is really about meat and potatoes, but if there's one thing that we're known for, that would be our cabbage rolls!! I am so glad I read the other reviews, because they turned out perfectly! Cabbage rolls recipe with ground beef, tomatoes, and cinnamon are cooked in the crock pot or slow cooker, and a delicious mix of sweet and savory. You can now re-use the pan used to cook the cabbage rolls on your stove top or you may cook these in your slow cooker. Layer the bottom of the Crockpot or pan with broken cabbage leaves (the ones that weren't complete or too small to use for rolling).