Creamy White Chicken Chili – Slow Cooker. Cube cream cheese and place on top of the chili. Slow Cooker Thick and Creamy White Chicken Chili-an indulgent white chili recipe with green chiles, onion, chicken breasts, and white beans. Win your next chili cook-off with this recipe.
This Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili is wonderfully hearty, comforting, creamy without heavy cream, and the layers of flavors are out of this world! This Chili is topped with cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips etc – all your favorites in one bowl! Cream cheese makes it richer and creamier than a standard broth-based white chicken chili. You can have Creamy White Chicken Chili – Slow Cooker using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy White Chicken Chili – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 of large boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for non-spicy).
- It’s 1 can (4 oz.) of diced green chiles.
- You need 2 cans (15 oz.) of white beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground coriander.
- It’s 4 oz. of brick style cream cheese, cut into cubes.
- You need of Juice from 1/2 lime.
Super easy to assemble – just throw everything in the slow cooker. This one will stand out in the crowd at any chili cook-off/tasting. I cooked the onion and garlic and chicken together in the olive oil, then added that and the rest of the ingredients to my crock-pot, following the directions at the end for adding the sour cream and whipping cream when the crock-pot was off. Top it off : Toppings take this from good to great:: load it up with lots of fresh lime, fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, a good Mexican cheese, fresh avocado, and sour cream.
Creamy White Chicken Chili – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (a 4 or 6 qt size is good for this recipe). Place all ingredients in EXCEPT for the lime juice (which will get added in at the end). Place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, or until the chicken is fall apart tender..
- After cook time is up, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it up. Stir it back into the chili along with the lime juice..
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! To reheat leftovers, just place the amount you want reheated into a small pot over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until completely heated through..
How do you make White Chili? There's no prep work involved, so you can throw all of the ingredients into your slow cooker on the way out the door in the morning and come home later to a warm pot of tender creamy white chili in a perfectly-seasoned, not-too-spicy broth. If you don't want to mess with the slow cooker while you're away all day, you can even prepare a batch of this chili on. In a large slow cooker, place the chicken, diced onion, beans, corn, green chilis, seasonings, and chicken broth. Let the slow cooker do all the work for you so you can come home and enjoy a warm bowl of this creamy white chicken corn chili for dinner!