No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling This morning I woke up and had the plan to make Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Turnovers and that was it. Now it's turned into the turnovers, a strawberry rhubarb yogurt parfait and this recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie filling. The classic flavors of strawberry and rhubarb combine in this easy no-bake pie with a graham cracker crust..
Graham crackers just seemed a little off. Gelled strawberry/rhubarb filling ready for whipped topping. As expected, two thumbs up all around! You can cook No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling
- It’s 2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped frozen rhubarb.
- It’s 1 package of Jell-O sugar free strawberry mix.
- You need 3 cups of skim milk.
- Prepare 1 package of Jell-O instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix.
The pie is super sweet (you can offset the sugar by using stevia or another sugar substitute if you'd like). If you're looking for sweet without the heat, this No Bake Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is a winner! It's too easy to pass up. The short version: If you opt to make your own graham cracker crust, this is your first step.; Make the strawberry sauce for the topping.; While the sauce is cooling, combine whipped cream and softened cream cheese.
No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling instructions
- Mix strawberries, rhubarb, and strawberry Jell-O mix in a microwave safe bowl. Do not add water. The rhubarb and strawberries will provide all the liquid needed for the Jell-O mix..
- Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring until the strawberries and rhubarb have broken down. Depending on your microwave, you may need to do this step more than 8 times. Let the mixture cool..
- After the strawberry rhubarb mixture is cool, in a separate bowl whisk the milk with the vanilla pudding mix until it thickens..
- Whisk the vanilla pudding with the strawberry rhubarb mixture..
- Pour into a pie pan with a crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight..
Fill the cooled crust with the cream filling. Gently press them pointy side up into the cream filling. Make the filling: Stir the rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, orange juice, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Set filling aside as the oven preheats. Roll out the chilled pie dough: On a floured work surface, roll out one of the discs of chilled dough (keep.