"Holiday" French Toast.
You can cook "Holiday" French Toast using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Holiday" French Toast
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- You need 1/3 cup of eggnog.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of thick slice bread (Panettone).
- It’s 3 tbs. of crushed walnuts.
- You need 2 oz. of breakfast syrup.
- It’s 2 slices of fresh orange for garnish.
"Holiday" French Toast instructions
- Heat a very large pan over medium heat. Add in the oil (or use leftover bacon grease)..
- Beat the egg in a large wide bowl. [If making more than one serving, add another egg].
- Mix in the eggnog and the spices and whisk this a few times..
- Slice a 1” thick piece of Panettone bread. If desired, you can slice this in half (from top to bottom) to make two slices of bread..
- Dip the bread into the egg batter, let it soak for 2-3 seconds, and then flip the bread over to coat the other side..
- Quickly add the coated slice of bread to the heated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Check for a nice even brown color before flipping it over. [Add oil if needed when doing side two].
- Plate the toast and top with crushed walnuts and syrup. Garnish with orange slices and enjoy..