Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce. Add the tomatoes, season well and bring to a steady simmer. Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the remaining oil until golden, then stir into the tomato sauce with most of the basil leaves. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain, then stir through the sauce.
Pasta alla norma – it might sound really fancy, but it's actually just a super simple but tasty and silky tomato and eggplant sauce stirred through pasta. Add a pinch of chili flakes and some oozy mozzarella for a vegetarian pasta dish that even the most hard core meat eater in your life will enjoy. Drain pasta and transfer to tomato sauce. You can cook Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare of Oil (any).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pasta.
Stir in reserved eggplant and toss to combine. This recipe for Pasta Alla Norma Pasta with Eggplant Sauce turns everyday pasta into something really special. Serve this Italian masterpiece with warm Homemade Garlic Bread for the perfect weeknight meal. This dish is a perfect example of the simplicity of Italian cooking.
Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce step by step
- Finely chop 1 onion. Add to a pan on a low heat. Sweat..
- Finely chop the garlic cloves. Add to the onions and keep on a very low heat..
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a separate pan (I used garlic oil)..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic..
- Using the empty tin from the tomatoes, break up a vegetable stock cube and add approx 100 ml of boiling water. Swirl it around the tin to melt the stock cube. Add to the tomatoes. Let that cook gently..
- Meanwhile, cut up the aubergine into small chunks. Add to the pan with the oil..
- Fry the aubergine (it will instantly soak up all the oil). Keep moving them around so they get nice and golden..
- Add to the tomato sauce. Cook gently – the sauce should start to thicken..
- Put some pasta (enough for 2) on to boil while it reduces. If the sauce starts to get too dry, add some of the pasta water. Make sure you taste the sauce – add some salt if you think it needs it. Once at a nice consistency, turn off the heat..
- Drain the pasta and serve with your sauce! (and add cheese if you fancy 🧀).
Eggplant also known as Aubergine, combined with tomatoes and some savory spices make a delicious sauce for pasta. Perfect for an easy weeknight meal! Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Add the pasta and cover, over medium heat, making sure there are active and vigorous bubbles. This is guilt-free comfort food at it's very best!