Beef Stew – Slow Cooker. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Coat in flour and shake off any excess. Stir in the parsley and season again to taste. Serve with mash, if you like. You can cook Beef Stew – Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew – Slow Cooker
- You need 2-2 1/2 lb of top round beef roast.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 4-5 of large carrots, peeled and sliced in large chunks.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb. of russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1 in. chunks.
- You need 4 cups of beef broth or stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each cayenne pepper, smoked paprika.
How to Make Beef Stew in a Slow Cooker. Dab beef dry season with salt and pepper then brown beef in a skillet with olive oil. Saute onions and celery, followed by garlic then tomato paste. This easy Slow Cooker Beef stew is perfect for chilly days!
Beef Stew – Slow Cooker instructions
- Cube up your beef, removing any large pieces of fat, into about 1 inch pieces. You can brown them on the stove first if you like, but honestly I don't bother to do so..
- Grease a large (6 quart) slow cooker and place all the ingredients in. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 6-8 hours, or until the veggies are soft and the beef is fall-apart tender..
- Serve immediately once it's ready and enjoy!.
A delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe simmered in the slow cooker with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery. Dredge the beef in the seasoned flour and set aside. Heat a heavy skillet on medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook. Whisk flour, garlic salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Place stew beef in bag, seal the bag, and shake to coat beef to coat completely.