Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Try This Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe With Just A Few Ingredients For A Tasty Meal. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is adapted from one of our FAVORITE slow cooker cookbooks, Gooseberry Patch's Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites; We toss the rice in at the beginning of cooking, however some reader prefer to wait until the end.
Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready for dinner when you get home. While this soup is richly flavored and oh-so delicious on its own, a slice of crusty garlic bread would make for an excellent companion. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- You need of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
All the flavors of your favorite stuffed peppers with half the effort. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup takes all the effort out of making stuffed peppers and the results are, dare I say better than the original? This tasty Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup has both stove top and slow cooker instructions! Full of flavor and loaded with vegetables, this chunky veggie and rice soup is vegan + gluten-free.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is one of the best easy slow cooker recipes you'll ever try. This easy stuffed pepper soup is also one of my favorite budget slow cooker meals, great for feeding the entire family on a budget! Make some tonight or freeze some for later. Soup instead of Baked Stuffed Peppers Stuffed peppers have long been an easy, budget-friendly meal. Return skillet to heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent.