Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker. Great recipe for Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker. I wanted to make something easy and tasty. At the end of the cooking time, remove the chicken from the pot, discard the bones, and chop or shred the meat.
You'll also need frozen peas, canned tomato puree, chicken broth, tomato paste and some spices. SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POTATOES. Slow cooker chicken cacciatore with potatoes is an easy weeknight dinner that cooks itself! with chicken falling off the bone in an Italian stew, this is comfort food at its finest. You can have Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker
- Prepare 500 gram of chicken pieces (or skinless, boneless breast).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- It’s 3 of grated garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of peeled and roasted chestnuts (I used the ones sold in a package).
- It’s 1 of potato, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped scallion.
- You need of Oil for coating the slow cooker.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore With Potatoes is personally one of the most easy but most flavoursome recipes I've made! When the chicken is very tender, remove the meat and chop it into smaller pieces. Taste the stew and adjust the seasonings with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed. Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots.
Chicken Stew with Chestnuts and Potatoes in Slow Cooker instructions
- Pour oil and spread inside the slow cooker..
- Mix chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic. Put inside the slow cooker..
- Add potato, scallion, chestnuts. Then add the broth..
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken before serving..
It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies. Cacciatore means hunter in Italian, and alla cacciatora translates to a 'hunter-style' meal or stew with chicken, onions, herbs and vegetables, all simmered down in a thick and rich tomato sauce, until the chicken is falling off the bone. A step up from my popular Chicken Cacciatore recipe, THIS Cacciatore has the added bonus of baby potatoes AND is so easy.