Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker. Rinse off the salt and drain. Arrange the chicken drumsticks over the rice. Turn on the rice cooker and let it cook.
Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of Jacky's favorite comfort food. Well, at least he orders it whenever it's on the menu! hehe~ We once did a mini Amazing Hainanese Chicken Rice Hunt – mission to find the Best Hainanese Chicken. Thus far, this hidden dine-in-the-alley-super-busy-and-crowded restaurant in Hong Kong still sits at the throne. You can have Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker
- It’s Half of breast chicken fillet.
- You need 100 ml of rice.
- It’s 160 ml of broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated garlic (you can use garlic powder in lesser quantity).
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger (you can use ginger powder in lesser quantity).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion flakes (a few regular onion slice swill do).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil (I used fermented garlic oil, but you can use sunflower, corn, etc.).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Lime juice.
Put washed rice, garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water in a rice cooker pot and mix well. Add chicken thigh to the pot skin-side down, and place the scallion over the chicken. Making Hainanese Chicken Rice in a Rice Cooker. Making Hainanese Chicken Rice in a rice cooker is not new.
Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker step by step
- Coat chicken with salt and lime juice..
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a rice cooker (I use a small one, 600 ml capacity)..
- Put the chicken inside. Press COOK and wait until it's cooked..
However, most recipes dump both the rice and chicken in the rice cooker insert. While this is a great one pot meal, it is more like Claypot Chicken Rice cooked in a rice cooker for convenience. The texture of the skin is not silky smooth. How to make Hainanese Chicken Rice 海南鸡饭 with a whole chicken at home. NEW: Hainanese Chicken Rice with chicken legs in the Instant Pot https://www.youtube.co.