Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker. For many Chinese households, Chinese poached chicken (pak cham kai or white cut chicken) is a must-have dish during the Chinese New Year and festivities. Eaten together with a ginger dipping oil, it is an absolutely delectable dish loved by many. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour over the broth.
A flavorful slow-cooker version of chicken adobo — the Filipino favorite — is quick and easy, using simple ingredients: chicken thighs, peppercorns, garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, and vinegar. "This was an awesome dish! This recipe is ideal for cooler days, when all you want is something warm and slow cooked. Tender chicken and full of delicious Asian flavours, this chicken dish is a winner. You can cook Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker
- It’s 2 kg (4 lbs) of chicken thigh.
- It’s 5 cm (2 inches) of ginger, cut into 3 parts and then crushed.
- It’s 10 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 4 of green onion, the white part only, cut 1 inch.
- You need 2-3 tsp of salt (according to taste).
- It’s 1 liter (1 quart) of water.
- You need as needed of soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- You need 10 of garlic cloves, chopped.
If your bird, came with a bundle of giblets stuffed in the cavity, remove the bundle before cooking. You can toss the giblets (minus the liver. Otherwise, cook for another hour (this depends on the size of the chicken). Strain the poaching liquid to remove the ginger, garlic and peppercorns, reserving the liquid.
Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker step by step
- Add water, ginger, garlic, scallions and salt to the slow cooker. Stir well. Add chicken. Put the slow cooker lid on, press the "low" button and set the timer for 4 hours..
- After 4 hours, check if the chicken has been cooked or not. Otherwise, cook for another hour (this depends on the size of the chicken)..
- Take the chicken out (save the broth for another use), brush the chicken with soy sauce..
- Heat sesame oil, saute the chopped garlic until golden brown. Keep stirring, don't let it get burnt. Pour the garlic and the oil over the chicken that has been brushed with soy sauce..
- Serve it with Hainanese rice (recipe 👉 https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/5403953-hainanese-rice-with-rice-cooker?via=sidebar-recipes) or warm white rice..
Tear the meat into thick pieces. Clean the chicken and remove feet and head. Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken Breasts (or chicken thighs) for those 'throw it all in the slow cooker' days and let something else worry about your dinner! Fall apart tender chicken breast filling your house with sweet, honey garlic aromas, perfectly slow cooked and waiting for you when you get home. Poached chicken has added flavor thanks to veggies, peppercorns, and tomato paste added to boiling stock creating a flavorful and juicy chicken.