Slow cooker cream corn. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Doing this simmering step in the slow cooker frees up your stove and also gives the corn some extra time to soak in that buttery bath. Stir until combined, then top with cream cheese and butter.
If you've only been eating creamed corn out of a can up until this point, this crockpot cheesy corn is going to be a. But this Slow Cooker Creamed Fresh Corn is an exception – the low, slow, indirect heat of the slow cooker allows the starches in the fresh corn to break down, creating a wonderful creamy texture while still allowing the corn kernels to remain crisp. From this point forward, consider this ultimate slow-cooker creamed corn recipe the only one you'll ever need. You can have Slow cooker cream corn using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker cream corn
- You need 5 (15 ounce) of cans corn kernels, drained.
- You need 8 slices of cooked and chopped bacon.
- Prepare 1 c. of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need block of cream cheese, quartered.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, cut into tablespoons.
- You need of Sliced green onions, for garnish.
Frozen corn, cream cheese, milk, butter, sugar, salt and pepper all get dumped right into your slow cooker for the easiest, one-and-done side dish you could ever imagine. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Ingredients: To make this slow cooker creamed corn recipe, you will need the following ingredients: Corn: Either canned or frozen whole-kernel corn will do. Cream cheese: I typically use low-fat cream cheese, but full-fat would be extra-delicious too. Butter: Whose flavor is essential in creamed corn, in my opinion.
Slow cooker cream corn step by step
- In a 4-quart slow-cooker, add corn, 3/4 of the bacon, milk, and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Stir. Top with cream cheese and butter..
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring well after 1 hour..
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 of the bacon and green onions and serve..
How to Make Creamed Corn in the Slow Cooker. To make creamed corn in the slow cooker, you just mix everything together in your crock pot and walk away. Rudy's Creamed Corn recipe calls for heavy cream, butter and cream cheese to be added along with a large bag of frozen corn. This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is rich, creamy, buttery, seasoned to perfection, SO easy and practically fool proof! This Creamed Corn will be the star of your Thanksgiving feast or makes an easy side dish for any occasion!