Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker. Grimes Black Beans, peppers, onions, garlic, salsa, chicken broth, and dried herbs and spices are added to a slow cooker then simmered until the vegetables are tender. To finish up, half the soup is blended until thick and creamy then stirred back into the soup with cooked white rice to create a delicious dish that feels stick to your ribs, but is low-fat, crazy-healthy, and gluten-free of. Makes for a great budget meal.
Black Bean and Rice Soup Ingredients This soup is full of pantry staples like beans and rice, it is easy to put together and then let slow cook all day! I meal prepped this in my slow cooker for a busy week and it was so nice to have dinner done and waiting for us after a busy day. For Friday Favorites we spotlight past recipes that you may have missed, and this Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup with Lime and Cilantro from Kalyn's Kitchen is without a doubt the slow cooker soup I've made the most through the years. You can have Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of Black Bean Soup:.
- You need 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- You need 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of Rice:.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
Hope you enjoy if you have not tried this one! For many years I've had a yearly soup party at my house in Salt Lake, and this delicious Slow Cooker. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
You can make Instant Pot Rice and Beans recipe tonight! OK, this healthy Instant Pot rice and beans recipe is a weeknight dinner saver! Stir the beans, aromatics, and water together until just combined. This classic black bean soup recipe is easy to cook in the slow cooker. The black beans are soaked overnight, so plan to begin the night before you plan to cook.