Chicken and Potato with Homemade Ranch Dressing in Slow Cooker. I had cream of celery soup so used it instead of cream of chicken. i didn't have the packaged ranch dressing so used bottled ranch. Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Red Potatoes is a fast and easy meal that the entire family will enjoy. This recipe cooks potatoes and chicken together with a touch of butter on the potatoes and a ranch dressing packet for flavor.
Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir into potatoes. Slow cooker creamy ranch chicken and potatoes is a super easy dinner to make and it only takes a few minutes to get it prepped and cooking. You can cook Chicken and Potato with Homemade Ranch Dressing in Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Potato with Homemade Ranch Dressing in Slow Cooker
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken, coated with a pinch of salt and garlic powder, browned in a pan.
- It’s 3 of potatoes, scrubbed dry, cubed.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dill.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
For this recipe, I can throw all of the ingredients in the Crock Pot early in the day and have dinner ready in the evening without spending much time in the kitchen at all. So, I made this melt-your-face-off-good slow cooker pork roast the other day and talked about using simple spices we have on-hand instead of all the packets of soup and dressing mix and instant gravy. And then I turned around and thought of an easy potato recipe using… dun dun DUNNNN… Ranch dressing mix! It's not that I'm opposed to the mixes – especially when it comes to ranch.
Chicken and Potato with Homemade Ranch Dressing in Slow Cooker step by step
- Mix salt, garlic powder, thyme, crushed black pepper, dill, and onion powder. Set aside..
- Pour oil into slow cooker. Arrange cubed potatoes inside and sprinkle with the dry mixture..
- Arrange chicken on top. Sprinkle the remaining dry mixture on top..
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours..
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Shred the chicken and mix all ingredients until incorporated. The star ingredients of this Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken and Potatoes recipe is butter, ranch dressing mix and au jus – such a tasty flavour combination. I love this recipe for Mississippi chicken because it's a true delicious slow cooker meal. I finally got around to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe.