Korean Style Fried Tofu with Chili Garlic Soy Sauce.
You can have Korean Style Fried Tofu with Chili Garlic Soy Sauce using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Style Fried Tofu with Chili Garlic Soy Sauce
- You need of For the tofu:.
- You need 1 of (One) pound package firm tofu.
- Prepare of salt for seasoning.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of neutral flavored oil for frying.
- Prepare of For the soy sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1.5-2 Tablespoons of vinegar.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need of sliced fresh chilies to taste (jalapenos, serranos, or Thai chilies are good for this dish).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of sliced or chopped bulb onion.
- It’s to taste of crushed red chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, chopped for garnish.
- It’s of optional: toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Korean Style Fried Tofu with Chili Garlic Soy Sauce step by step
- Slice the tofu into roughly 1/2" thick slices widthwise. Pat dry with a paper or cloth towel on both sides and season lightly with salt..
- While the tofu is air-drying a bit, make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients and stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. Start at the low end of the measurements and adjust upward if needed. Some folks like things sweeter and/or tangier than others..
- In a non-stick or well seasoned fry pan, heat the oil to medium high, and fry the tofu, about 3 minutes per side, until it's light golden brown. If you like a slightly thicker, browner crust, turn the heat down to medium and go 5 to 7 minutes per side..
- Plate the tofu, spoon the sauce over it, sprinkle some chopped green onions on top, and enjoy. :).