Brat Stew. Place the bratwurst, potatoes, minced onion, green beans, red pepper, Cheddar cheese, mushroom soup and water into a slow cooker. Mix broth and seasonings; pour over top. Loaded Bratwurst Stew Loaded Bratwurst Stew.
Cooking Instructions Sauerkraut Stew with Sausages – Peel potatoes and onions, cut potatoes into cubes, onions fine. The Best Bratwurst Stew Crock Pot Recipes on Yummly Crock Pot Chili With Bratwurst, Slow Cooker Loaded Bratwurst Stew, Crock-pot Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup In a large pan, heat oil over high heat. You can cook Brat Stew using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brat Stew
- You need 3 (10 1/2 ounce) of cans chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 of to 3/4 can (empty 10.5 ounce can) water (cuts down a little on salty taste from broth).
- You need 10 of baby carrots, cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, cut into 3/4 inch chunks.
- You need 2 of red potatoes (scrubbed clean, with skin), chopped.
- Prepare 3 cups of frozen corn.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 3 cups of chopped cabbage (not red cabbage).
- It’s 2 (15 1/2 ounce) of cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 5 of fully cooked mild italian bratwurst links, cut into 3/4 inch slices.
Brown bratwurst in oil and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and garlic and cook until lightly caramelized. Add stock, paprika, caraway seeds, and. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the beer and mustard.
Brat Stew instructions
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eleven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes..
- Stir in beans and bratwurst; heat through..
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and add the bratwurst. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bratwurst to the vegetable mixture; discard the beer mixture. Divide the stew among dishes and serve with mustard. Reduce fat and calories from this dish by substituting fully cooked chicken sausage (any flavor) for the bratwurst. There's no need to cook it first.