Simple Enchiladas. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. I liked this recipe because it was easy to make and very quick- but for whatever reason when following the original recipe it only yielded eight enchiladas.
Spoon meat, a little grated cheese, a little black olives, and green onions in the center of tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in baking pan. Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas. You can have Simple Enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Enchiladas
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 6-8 of tortillas (corn or flour, your choice).
- It’s 1 of rotisserie chicken, shredded.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 of pablano pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1.5 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need of Enchiladas.
- It’s 1 can of (or pkg) of Enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 of shredded cheddar (or Monterey jack).
- It’s of Chopped cilantro (for serving).
- It’s of Sour cream (for serving).
Sprinkle cilantro over enchiladas before serving. This easy recipe for Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas is a family favorite! Just lightly fry corn tortillas, roll them up with Jack or cheddar cheese, cover with a tomato and green chile sauce, more cheese, and bake. Spread a layer of the sauce on the bottom of the dish before inserting the enchiladas to prevent them from sticking.
Simple Enchiladas instructions
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook pablano pepper and onions until the onions are translucent..
- Add the rest of the ingredients under the "filling" section to the pan. Mix and let cook for 8min or so..
- Dip your tortilla in the enchilada sauce, spoon a good amount of the filling into the tortilla and roll it up..
- Place into baking dish (continue with step 3 until everything is used up) if there is any left over enchilada sauce, pour that over the top of your wraps..
- Add the shredded cheese. Place in oven to bake for 25 min or so until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro..
Don't leave more than an inch of the ends of the enchiladas uncovered by sauce because exposed areas will become crispy. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. click here to Pin this recipe. Calling all my enchilada people to the table. Today's post is the fourth in our Feeding a Broken Heart series, which is a collection of posts meant to inspire you to make healing food for the people you know, love, and care about. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.