Easy Crockpot Mexican Taco Casserole. How to make Crock pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe: First brown your ground turkey or ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add in the chopped onions, taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir to combine all these ingredients and set aside.
One of the best crockpot recipes for Taco Tuesdays! Easy Crockpot Mexican Casserole Recipe is a great dish that I enjoy making for my family. You can make it in the skillet or in the slow cooker, depending on how much time you have. You can cook Easy Crockpot Mexican Taco Casserole using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Crockpot Mexican Taco Casserole
- It’s 1 pound of ground turkey (or ground beef).
- You need 1 can of corn drained.
- It’s 1 can of black beans (drained).
- Prepare 1 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis.
- You need 1/2 package of Taco seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of garlic salt.
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice I used instant rice.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded cheese divided (I used cheddar).
The delicious flavors meld together perfectly and your family will be begging for more. We love making ground beef recipes in our crockpot. Next we used a can of pork and beans (and LOVED them) but you could substitute a can of chili beans. Then we used a can of Mexicorn but you could use a can of regular corn if you can't find it.
Easy Crockpot Mexican Taco Casserole instructions
- Brown your ground turkey or ground beef, and drain..
- Drain beans and corn..
- Make the rice.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl, don’t use all the cheese save some for the top..
- Spray dish or crockpot with cooking spray, add the mixture top with cheese.
- Cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hrs.
- Toppings sour cream, hot sauce, and severed with my Jalapeño cornbread.
This Taco Casserole recipe takes the core ingredients of any classic taco plate—beans, cheese, tortillas, juicy ground turkey (my healthy swap for beef; chicken would work well too), and a yummy array of toppings—and transforms them into an easy-to-make, even easier-to-eat layered. Crock Pot Cheesy Frito Taco Casserole. This Crock Pot Cheesy Frito Taco Casserole recipe is a blast from the past. Sometime we just need a little comfort food in our lives. You'll still need to brown the ground beef first, then layer the ingredients per the recipe instructions.