Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. This slow cooker soup is made for the potato lovers. This baked potato soup can be blended together and made smoother too!
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. This easy slow cooker loaded potato soup tastes just like your favorite loaded baked potato, covered in cheese and bacon but in soup form. I'm beyond thrilled that Fall is finally here so we can fully embrace warm comfort food. You can cook Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- Prepare 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- It’s of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- It’s of For the rue:.
- It’s 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- You need of Optional toppings:.
- You need of Diced bacon.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
Pack away your bathing suits and pull out your cozy sweaters and pants. Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is creamy and comforting, budget-friendly and also very easy to make! Watch the short video tutorial attached below and see how this will become you weeknight perfect meal! Slow Cooker Soups are very popular on our blog, like Bacon Corn Chowder Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, and Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot®). Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter.