Thai turkey lettuce wraps. Thai turkey lettuce wraps are made with ground turkey cooked in a delicious Thai peanut curry sauce and served in crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to make and a true crowd-pleaser. They're made with healthy ground turkey, pantry-staple Asian flavors, and drizzled with a creamy ginger tahini sauce.
Turkey Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps are a light and healthy dinner idea packed with filling ground turkey, fresh vegetables and crunch peanuts. Place a lettuce cup on a clean work surface (or layer two cups for extra crunch and structural support). Fill with a few spoonfuls of turkey mixture and top with slaw mix. You can cook Thai turkey lettuce wraps using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai turkey lettuce wraps
- Prepare 1 lbs of ground turkey or chicken.
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1/2 can of diced watered chestnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cabbage diced.
- Prepare 2 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s of Hoisin sauce.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- You need of Garlic chili sauce.
- It’s of Rice wine vinegar.
- It’s of White pepper (or black).
- It’s of Butter or romaine lettuce.
Combine Asian sesame dressing and green portions of green onions in a mixing bowl. Crisp, delicate butter lettuce leaves have a cup shape that's perfect for holding the sweet-and-savory ground turkey mixture and crunchy, colorful vegetables. The key is not to weigh down the cups with too much filling so they don't tear. Add some heat with crushed red pepper or a diced red Fresno chile.
Thai turkey lettuce wraps step by step
- In large skillet brown ground Turkey until almost cooked. Add it all of the ingredients and turn to medium high. Stir frequently. Cook until veggies are slightly tender. You still want a crunch. I did not add in measurements for liquid ingredients. Start with 1-2 tablespoons and add more until it tastes the way you like it. (Ex: I use more garlic chili sauce because I like the heat) Cut and wash lettuce of choice. Fill lettuce with mixture. Enjoy!.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high. These Asian lettuce wraps make a delicious main dish for busy weeknights or can be enjoyed as an appetizer for a Chinese take-out style dinner party on the weekend. I love the rich, slightly salty, slightly sweet, slightly sour blend of flavors here. Inspired by PF Changs' famous recipe, these healthy turkey lettuce wraps are quick, easy to make and are full of so much flavor! So you may actually recognize this recipe since YES I shared these lettuce wraps before years ago on my blog, but we love making these sooo much in our house that I just had to re-make them for you (with better photos of course).