Saganaki prawns. Prawn Saganaki is Greece's famous seafood dish featuring prawns drenched in a fresh juicy tomato sauce and melted Feta cheese. It's ideal as a starter or you can serve it as a main with some rice, pasta or just a big chunk of crunchy Greek bread that is ideally dipped into that rich saltsa! Greek shrimp saganaki recipe (Garides saganaki) – Tips.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Prawn Saganaki is a rustic Greek dish made with tomatoes, prawns and feta cheese – it's guaranteed to transport you straight to a sunny Greek island. Let's ignore the semantics for today and focus on this prawn saganaki I whipped up the other day. You can have Saganaki prawns using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Saganaki prawns
- Prepare 500 gr of prawns clean without shell.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 tin of tomato concasse.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers.
- Prepare of Sweet paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 of crushed garlic clove.
- Prepare 5 Tablespoons of red wine.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Feta cheese.
This dish is definitely one for the seafood lovers. Ideally, you would be enjoying this on a tranquil Greek isle along with a crisp Greek white and the sound of the bouzouki humming along in the background. Transport yourself to Greece with every mouthful of this prawn saganaki recipe. Prawns are cooked in a rich, chilli-laced tomato sauce, topped with creamy feta and olive oil and left to bake in the oven.
Saganaki prawns step by step
- Put as much as 1/2 cup oil in a pot. Slice onion into thin slices, add onions and green pepper to oil and let them get light brown..
- Add prawns, salt, pepper and rest of ingredients (except feta) plus 1 glass warm water. Cover with lid and allow it to cook slowly till all liquid gone, but allow a small amount of sauce..
- Transfer to a pyrex dish, sprinkle feta cheese crumbled into tiny pieces with hands and put in a hot oven on grill setting until the cheese becomes golden..
- Serve with white steamed rice or just with crisp green salad and cold wine!!.
Prawn saganaki is classic Greek meze at its best, as it uses our national cheese – feta – with our national drink, ouzo, in combination with tomato, in order to praise the noble prawn! Saganaki is named after the frying pan in which it is traditionally prepared, a diminutive of sagani which is a frying pan with two handles. Heat oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by. Serve prawns with combined parsley and rind, lemon and crusty.