Fried chicken with lemon grass crisps by Marion’s kitchen. Place the garlic, coriander roots, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, cumin seeds, turmeric and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Instructions *NOTES: Chinese sausage (lap cheong) and sambal oelek chilli paste are available in the Asian section of some major supermarkets or from an Asian grocer. Crispy, crunchy southern Thai fried chicken.also known in Thailand as 'Hat yai fried chicken'.
Each product from The Marion's Kitchen Food Company starts out life as a home recipe – created and cooked just as it should be. No fancy chemical labs, white coats or ingredients you can't pronounce…just good honest cooking. In another bowl, mix together the chicken stock, soy sauce and sugar. You can have Fried chicken with lemon grass crisps by Marion’s kitchen using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried chicken with lemon grass crisps by Marion’s kitchen
- It’s 500 g of Chicken thighs or legs.
- It’s 2 stalks of Lemon grass.
- You need 1 of teasepoon sugar.
- You need 2-3 stalks of coriander roots or stems only.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of teasepoon of peppercorn.
- It’s 1/2 of teasepoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch just enough to cover the chicken.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for deep frying.
In a separate bowl, mix together the lemon juice and zest. Place the flour in a large tray or bowl. Add the chicken pieces and the marinade and use your hands to pat and press the liquid and flour together around the chicken pieces to form a craggy coating. Super Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe 盐酥鸡 BEST Chinese Popcorn Chicken Ever!
Fried chicken with lemon grass crisps by Marion’s kitchen step by step
- Remove the hard outer layer of the lemon grass then cut it at 1.5 inches long.
- Pound the lemon grass, peppercorn, coriander roots, garlic in a mortar and pestle to make a rough paste.
- Put the paste made in a mixing bowl and mix together with the chicken, fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and cornstarch.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Prepare a wok or deep pan with cooking oil and deep fry the chicken until golden brown. You need to include the bits of lemon grass in frying as those are also very tasty. You also need to remove any charred bits of the lemon grass to avoid making the oil dark..
- Garnish with coriander leaves (optional).
Combine the chicken, fish sauce, sugar, cornflour and half the lemongrass in a large bowl. Add remaining lemongrass, garlic, chilli and onion and stir-fry for a minute. Push all the ingredients to the side to make a space for the chicken. Place a sheet of baking paper over the top. Then place another heavy pan on top to evenly press down on the chicken.