Creamy Keto Coleslaw. Coleslaw is a dish that can be found at most barbecues, potlucks, and parties. We like to serve low-carb coleslaw with our Keto Fried Chicken and Beef Schnitzels. We recommend eating this keto coleslaw fresh, while the cabbage is nice and crunchy.
If you've ever made your own coleslaw before, you'll never go back to commercial varieties again because you'll realize how easy it is to make a ridiculously tasty version right at home. This keto coleslaw is great any time of the year, but I find I particularly enjoy it during the summer months, alongside burgers, hot dogs and pulled pork (minus the buns, of course!) It is very quick to make from scratch, or you could buy pre-shredded coleslaw mix to save time! Make the best keto coleslaw you ever had with my super easy to follow recipe. You can have Creamy Keto Coleslaw using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Keto Coleslaw
- Prepare 1/2 head of medium green cabbage, finely sliced.
- You need 1 of small carrot, peeled and julienned.
- You need 1 of small red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 c of mayo.
- It’s 1/4 c of sour cream.
- It’s 1 T of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 T of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 T of sweetener, optional.
True confession, I actually love KFC coleslaw. Call me crazy, but there is something about those teeny tiny cabbage bits smothered in creamy sweet goodness, you can't beat it. But the KFC version is filled with sugar and god knows what else, so the Keto KFC copycat Coleslaw was born. To help fill that KFC craving and stay Keto!
Creamy Keto Coleslaw step by step
- In large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot and onion..
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to cabbage mixture and toss well. Chill at least 2 hrs before serving..
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw and onion. In a separate bowl, combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise,whipping cream, vinegar and lemon juice, using a whisk. Pour over the coleslaw mix, stir gently to mix. Add the coleslaw mix to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until you have small chunks of coleslaw. Remove from the food processor and add to a mixing bowl.