Chicken teriyaki. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. I've shared other teriyaki chicken recipes like my Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Bowl but this hands down beats the prep and cook time on any other teriyaki chicken I've tried. And yet it tastes just as good!
Crispy and juicy skinless chicken thighs stir-fried and swimming in a beautiful flavoured homemade teriyaki sauce. A hint of garlic adds a twist on a traditional Japanese Teriyaki. Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill. You can cook Chicken teriyaki using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken teriyaki
- Prepare 300 grams of Chicken Breast cut into 1 ½-inch pcs or cook it whole.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Kikkoman or (Any Soy Sauce).
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Steam rice or Steamed Broccoli.
- It’s of Spring Onion (garnish).
- You need of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of optional ingredients.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Kirin.
That's the way traditional teriyaki looks: shiny and incised with grill marks. In Japan, teriyaki is a mix of soy sauce, sake and the rice wine mirin, which imparts a subtle sweetness. Teriyaki chicken is a Japanese dish with savory and sweet teriyaki sauce. Chicken and veggies are cooked in a sweet honey & soy sauce based sauce for a flavorful dish.
Chicken teriyaki instructions
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat..
- Stir fry chicken until lightly browned and crisp..
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar and Mirin to combine. Set aside..
- Add the garlic to the same pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds)..
- Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Meanwhile slice the chicken and put on the top or steamed rice, pour the sauce springkle with the sesame seeds and lastly with spring onion..
You guys are going to love this homemade takeaway dish. Taste of Home has the best teriyaki chicken recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Sesame Teriyaki Chicken When my granddaughter, Alicia Fie, married James Reeves, our family served this flavorful chicken over rice. Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Teriyaki Chicken. Thankfully, this teriyaki chicken stir fry recipe is incredibly storage friendly, so you can freeze or refrigerate as needed.