crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice. Thai basil has a different flavor than that of regular basil and makes all the difference in this recipe. I am a connoisseur of Thai Basil Chicken dishes, and this recipe is my favorite with a few modifications. The spices in this glaze are reminiscent of Jamaican jerk seasoning, lending a Caribbean flavor profile to Refrigerate, covered.
This pineapple fried rice recipe was inspired by a meal at Sweet Basil in Norman, Oklahoma over the holidays. I really loved the combination of sweet, caramelized pineapple with Thai spices. Spicy Thai Rice – One pot, easy and delicious Thai-style spicy rice with toasted peanuts, fresh basil and dried Thai chili. You can cook crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice using 26 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice
- You need of crispy pork cheeks.
- Prepare 5 lb of pig cheeks.
- You need 3 of stalks lemon grass.
- Prepare 1 of bulb garlic.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 3 cup of sake.
- It’s 5 cup of light chicken stock.
- You need 2 tsp of korean chile flake.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need of pineapple, orange glaze.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of OJ.
- Prepare 1 cup of mea poy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamari.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of sambal Olek.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s of thai basil and lemon rice.
- It’s 3 cup of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon aest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thai basil.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
Today's recipe is an exercise in following MY side dish cravings for Thai Basil Fried Rice, and finding a healthier path to said rice so. How did this one come about? One of my readers wrote in and asked about subbing out lemon juice for orange juice in this Honey Garlic Butter IMMEDIATELY my brain went into CRISPY over drive. Just good old fashioned searing in a skillet.
crispy pig cheeks with spicy pineapple,orange glaze and thai basil,lemon rice step by step
- Pig cheeks heat oven to 375 bruise lemon grass place all braising ingredeints into deep baking dish cover with foil and place in oven for 2 hours.
- after two hours remove from oven and place baking dish in the cooler for at least 30 min. (i do this because the meat will be super tender and cooling it will let it keep its shape).
- Glaze combine all ingredeints except corn starch and water. bring to a boil.
- mix starch and water and slowly whisk mix into glaze this will thicken slightly mix well and remove from heat.
- Rice bring water to a boil add lemon zest, rice and salt. mix well cover and simmer for 35 min.
- chiffonade thai basil.
- lay out cooked rice on a half sheet pan or a baking dish. sprinkle mirin and basil over rice and fold it into its self. then press into a even solid layer.
- Plating using a ring mold cut rice out of the pan and place in the center of the plate.
- take two pig cheeks and dust with corn starch. deep fry for 3/5 min..
- remove from fryer and place on top of rice. add a few tablespoons of glave over pork/rice stack and garnish with micro celery or celery leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
Spicy version with chicken, squid, shrimp and basil. Stir-fried rice noodle with ground peanut, egg, bean sprout and scallion. Soft egg noodle topped with chicken in yellow curry sauce ,pineapple and garnished with peanut and crispy shallot. When cool, enough to handle, arrange rice pieces on a serving platter. Place spicy tuna mixture onto top to cover.