Greek Chicken and Potatoes. Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Lemon-Garlic Sauce- This is where all the glorious flavor in this Greek chicken. This Greek chicken and potatoes is a one pan meal with marinated garlic and herb chicken and tender potatoes, all roasted to golden brown perfection.
All you need with it is tossed salad and some crusty French bread. —Pella Visnick, Dallas, Texas. Traditional Greek recipes for chicken and potatoes call for roasting a whole bird. But for this recipe we're going with bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and thighs because they are easier to manage and quicker to cook. You can have Greek Chicken and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- It’s 5 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- You need 7 of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- Prepare 1 3/4 TBSP of Kosher salt.
- It’s 2-2 1/2 TBSP of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
Besides, bone-in, skin-on pieces feel like a hidden gem next to the more common. I hope you enjoy this easy Greek Lemon Chicken & Potatoes video! The simplicity of this dish is that it's all done in a single pan and makes enough to feed a family of four or five. Arrange the potatoes on the sheet pan around the chicken.
Greek Chicken and Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.
Drizzle any liquid remaining in the bowl on top. Roast the chicken and potatoes until both. Toss the potatoes with the marinade once in the pan. I noticed the title says One Pot Greek Chicken and Potatoes so I thought they were cooked or broasted in the pot, but then I saw a picture of a white pan. You could easily swap the potatoes for sweet potato or other root vegetables or even broccoli, Brussels sprouts or green beans.