Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup. A delicious crockpot (or instant pot) Mexican Tortilla Soup It's probably no surprise with the plethora of Halloween treats and recipes on my site that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Right after making Halloween treats, one of my favorite things is to figure out costumes. The same is true of chicken tortilla soup.
Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Hearty, flavorful.and easy! You'll love this super simple soup. You can have Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup
- You need of Soup Base.
- Prepare 12 cups of stock/broth (i used my Turkey stock recipe).
- It’s 2 lbs of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, soul food seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, ground sage, taco seasoning, ceviche.
- You need of seasoning.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of all spice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper, mrs dash, tortilla seasoning, salt,.
- It’s of baking soda.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh time, destemmed.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen corn.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Frozen black beans, optional.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Meat (chicken or turkey).
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Lime juice.
- Prepare of Tortilla chips, crumbled.
Put the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle on the chili powder, cumin and some salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, tomatoes with chiles, tomato paste, onion, chipotle. How to Make Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup.
Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup step by step
- Puree whole tomatoes.
- Add soup base to crockpot.
- Chop soup up to bite sizes (bell pepper, onion), add all soup to crockpot.
- Fry ground meat.
- Add seasonings to crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with garnish.
Just like Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup simply place the ingredients in the crock pot and walk away. Right before serving, shred the chicken and enjoy! Cook onion, garlic, and jalapeno (or green chiles) in olive oil until they are softened and add to the Crock Pot. Mexican chicken tortilla soup is a very filling tomato-based soup with shredded chicken, corn and beans. It's called tortilla soup because one of the toppings is crunchy tortilla strips!