Slow Cooker Tomato Soup. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. To make the parmesan cheddar croutons, spread bread cubes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses. Pin it to your CROCK POT board to SAVE it!
How to Make Tomato Soup: This tomato soup is so easy to make in the slow cooker in just a few steps. You will add two large cans of whole, peeled, plum tomatoes to the slow cooker along with your tomato sauce. You can use vegetable or chicken broth for this recipe. You can cook Slow Cooker Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- Prepare 2 (28 oz) of cans of low/no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of low/no sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of no salt butter.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or coconut milk.
Next, add your diced onion, garlic, and seasonings. The picture you see above is a creamy tomato soup. Which sounds really fancy…and difficult, but totally isn't. A bisque is just a soup that has a cream base.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup instructions
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves and milk/cream, into the slow cooker. Stir everything together..
- Next, place the bay leaves into the pot, close the lid, set the temperature to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- At the end, remove half of the soup to a bowl or blender. Pour half of the milk/cream, and blend it all together. Repeat for the second half and return the soup to the slow cooker. **Remove the bay leaves before blending together**.
- Enjoy! Maybe with a Ghost shaped quesadilla?.
So when you add cream at the end of this recipe, you go from a regular soup to a bisque. You do NOT have to use. Make this easy slow cooker tomato soup recipe. Fry the tomatoes and vegetables in a frying pan first for extra flavour, if you like. It will need three hours on high in a slow cooker until the.