Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes. This Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe is one of my family favorites. The best way to get the family together around the dinner table is to serve a delicious meal like Crock Pot Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots. Most families don't sit at the dinner table together anymore.
These Crockpot Roasted Potatoes are perfect for a weekend or holiday dinner. I absolutely love making recipes in the slow cooker (see more slow cooker – crock pot recipes ). The Perfect Crock Pot Roast should be full of flavor and fall a part tender. You can have Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes
- You need 2 1/2 lb of chuck roast.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 (22 oz) of can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix.
- It’s of Black pepper.
Notes on the Perfect Crock Pot Roast Recipe. We used brown gravy mix in this recipe. I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol' Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes instructions
- Wash potatoes and put in crockpot..
- Cut onion into largish bite size pieces and add to crockpot with potatoes..
- Put roast on top, sprinkle on onion soup mix, pepper, and pour in cream of mushroom and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4-6 hours on high..
- With the two soups and the juices from the roast, this will make its own gravy, just pull out the meat and potatoes and stir, you will have to let it sit for a few min then spoon off the fat..
Combine all dry seasonings and rub onto roast. Use olive oil to brown the roast. Peel your potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place your potato wedges in the bottom of your crock pot. Pour the water over the potatoes.