Crockpot Dressing. To make the slow cooker stuffing in the oven, prepare as directed using the full amount of broth. This crockpot dressing is made with equal parts cornbread and toasted bread cubes, which provides a nice mix of sweet cornbread and tasty goodness from bread. Condensed soup makes the cornbread incredibly moist and the soup adds extra flavor.
This stuffing is perfect to serve along side turkey dinner! Once I started cooking my stuffing in my slow cooker, it's the only way I make it now! If you're hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner this year, add this simple slow-cooked stuffing to your menu to ease entertaining. You can cook Crockpot Dressing using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Dressing
- It’s 2 boxes of your favorite dressing.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
The recipe comes in handy when you run out of oven space at large family gatherings. I use this Crock Pot dressing recipe often. —Donald Seiler, Macon, Mississippi In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. When melted, add celery, onion, and herbs. Place chicken in a pot with water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Crockpot Dressing step by step
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients mix.
- This does not take long to cook at all, on high my crockpot had it done in 30- 45 mins ( this was done in my big crockpot because my smaller one was being used, this can be done in a 4 qt. For a more wet Sticky dressing add more chicken stock 1/2 cup, or so. Can Substitute cream of Mushroom for cream of celery or cream of chicken.
This is absolutely the best dressing I have ever had and so simple to make. Put it in the crock pot and forget it. Then pour all of the sausage mixture into your crock pot with the bread stuffing. Depending on the shape of your crock pot, the time may vary. If you have a deep crock pot, I would suggest stirring the mixture once every hour.