Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder. This creamy Bacon Corn Chowder recipe is the perfect meal to warm you from the inside out! Adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker means this Bacon Corn Chowder simmers all day in the crockpot for a meal that's pretty much effortless. This savory soup is filled with bacon, chunks of.
Here's my tip: Use fresh corn and use the corn cobs to make a simple extra-corny broth. OH – and cook the bacon first and use the bacon drippings to make the soup base (i.e. Every spoonful is a scrumptious blend of corn, potatoes, herbs, bacon and cream. You can have Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder
- Prepare 1 lb of Bacon.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/2 medium of Cooking Onion (chopped).
- You need 2 can of Cream Sweet Corn.
- It’s 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 3 medium of Potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 1 can of Whole Kernel Corn (drained).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
A creamy, belly-warming bowl of chowder fit the bill perfectly for a frosty fall night. As an added bonus, clean up was a breeze! Creamy Corn Chowder with chicken, bacon, potatoes and mozzarella cheese! As simple as throwing ingredients into a Slow Cooker or Instant Pot!
Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder instructions
- Cook bacon in soup pot over medium heat until crispy (about 5 minutes). Put cooked bacon on paper towel to drain some of the grease. Add garlic and onion to the remaining bacon grease and cook while stirring until softened but not browned..
- Add cream corn, coconut milk and potatoes. Stir and then simmer while covered for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Add chopped cooked bacon and whole kernel corn and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste..
What sets this chowder apart from most is the addition of potatoes, which is what gives this soup the thickness and creaminess without needing heavy cream. Crispy bacon, perfectly cooked shrimp and corn are the ultimate comfort foods in this creamy and satisfying chowder! This chowder is perfectly seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic and thyme. It's a perfect starter course or meal any time of the year. Hearty and creamy, this classic corn chowder with bacon takes a few minutes to pull together, then spends the next few hours simmering itself into This corn chowder recipe is sure to become a classic with you, too.