Chicken Pesto "Pasta". Browse Our Collection Of Simple Pasta Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time.
Its fresh flavor is the highlight of this super-fast pasta dish, packed with cherry tomatoes and chicken. Prepared pesto mainly consists of basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Which means, pesto is pretty high in calories and fat. You can cook Chicken Pesto "Pasta" using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto "Pasta"
- It’s of Pesto.
- You need 1 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of Juiced Lemon.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Organic Chicken Thighs or Breasts.
- You need 2 of Zucchini.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Squash.
- Prepare 1 of Tarragon.
To lighten up this dish, cut back on the pesto and add some of the starchy pasta cooking water. Watch the step by step recipe video for Chicken Pesto Pasta below. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto. Once cooked, drain the pasta well and add it to the pan.
Chicken Pesto "Pasta" instructions
- Cook the chicken however you would like. Boil it, grill it, pan cook it. Whatever you like best. I cooked mine in a pan with some olive oil..
- Thinly slice your zucchini and squash length wise into thin strips with a mandoline. Then use a knife to cut them into noodles. Kind of like fettuccine noodle size..
- Now to make your pesto use a food processor. Add all your pesto ingredients to your food process and mix away! Taste it to see if you need more salt and pepper or even more lemon, olive oil, or basil in it. Your pesto, your flavor..
- Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to a large pot or skillet. Then add in your zucchini and squash along with your pesto and mix well. Let that cook down a bit, stirring occasionally, while you cut up your chicken into bite size cubes..
- Throw in the chicken and mix everything together. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes or so or until the zucchini and squash are tender and ?al dente? or however you like your pasta. Serve with a bit of tarragon on top..
Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta. This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn't take a ton of time to pull together. It's made with a store-bought pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese which makes it so quick and flavorful! I'm such a sucker for creamy pasta dishes so this chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy recipes that I make all the time! Sprinkle on the cheese and basil, spoon in the rest of the pasta, then add more cheese on top.