Cooking Nduma(Arrow Roots) Hack. How about a new funtabulous adventure with Chef Andy? Are you ready to try out some new recipes and have an "aha moment" of how to whip up some of the greatest food known. Nduma is one of the indigenous / traditional foods in Kenya.
In kenya Nduma aka arrowroots are often boiled and eaten as a snack for breakfast with tea or mixed with other vegetables/meat to make a stew. I took a different route and made Nduma chips, which. I think not, you can make nduma in so many different ways. You can cook Cooking Nduma(Arrow Roots) Hack using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cooking Nduma(Arrow Roots) Hack
- It’s 2 of arrow roots.
- It’s of Equipment needed.
- Prepare of Colander.
- It’s of Sufuria with water.
Wash them then let them dry. Let's have fun with exotic yet easy cook with me. Thank you so much for watching. Peeled arrow roots and chop into medium size pieces.
Cooking Nduma(Arrow Roots) Hack instructions
- Peel, chop,and clean your arrow roots till the water is clear of the starch….I prefer cutting mine in cubes.
- Get your equipment ready.
- Place your arrow roots in a colander… Placed above a sufuria with water.
- Cover and let it cook till al dente… Mine took about 30 minutes.
- Ready to eat.
- Eat as it is. Or shallow fry.
Then put in a pot (Sufuria) and add water to the level of the arrowroots (ndumas). Add salt and cover with a polythene bag. Then cover with another pot (sufuria) or a Sufuria covering. Then put to boil in medium heat. See great recipes for Boiled arrow roots (NDUMA), Egg coated Arrowroots (nduma) too!