Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. How to Make Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. Drizzle the bottom of your slow cooker with olive oil. Then, place the diced chicken, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a zip-top bag and shake to coat.
This slow cooker orange chicken tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it's made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Although this chicken spends most of its time in the slow cooker turning juicy, tender, and soaking up a sweet citrusy sauce, it starts at the stove. Dredge the chopped chicken in cornstarch and give it a quick sear in a hot skillet. You can cook Slow Cooker Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- You need 1.5-2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Peppers, chopped up.
- You need 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Aminos Acid/Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1-2 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return chicken to slow cooker; add noodles. Luckily I saved it just in time, with only a couple of bits starting to burn. In small bowl, mix marmalade, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and salt.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken step by step
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl..
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together..
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. ***Please use a slow cooker liner***.
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes..
Add chicken and marmalade mixture to slow cooker, spreading marmalade mixture over chicken, inside and out. Place chicken breast side down; add gingerroot. Crockpot asian inspired recipes like this crockpot orange chicken are the best! You can also check out: slow cooker lo mein, slow cooker teriyaki chicken, slow cooker kung pao chicken, slow cooker ramen noodles. As with most of my recipes, this one started out with craving.