Whole CrockPot Chicken. Quickly make a seasoning rub featuring cayenne pepper, paprika, and thyme. Then just season chicken and marinate overnight, and cook in the slow cooker for an easy and tasty meal. Skip the overnight refrigeration if you are in a hurry.
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken & Gravy! A complete Sunday meal made easy in the crockpot. While it takes only minutes of prep, this tender, juicy crock pot chicken & gravy tastes like you've been in the kitchen all day. You can cook Whole CrockPot Chicken using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole CrockPot Chicken
- Prepare of Sprinkle Garlic Powder.
- You need of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- You need of Sprinkle Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare of Sprinkle Sazon with Achiote (gives chicken a beautiful color).
- Prepare of Sprinkle Parsley Flakes (add last).
- Prepare of Drizzle of Olive Oil.
- You need of Baby Carrots (16 ounce bag).
- Prepare of Yellow Onion, sliced (1 or 2).
- It’s 4 of Red Potatoes (cut up).
This makes the perfect easy weeknight meal served alongside Garlic Ranch Mashed Potatoes and our favorite Cheesy Broccoli… Whole Chicken in the Crockpot. Directions: Start by mixing together paprika, all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and salt. I've tried a ridiculous amount of crock pot recipes, and this is by far the best (and easiest) slow cooker chicken recipe that keeps the chicken super moist, and falling-off-the-bone delicious—plus it's a great way to switch things up if you usually roast chicken! And if you have a well-stocked spice cabinet you'll hardly have to buy anything to make this dish.
Whole CrockPot Chicken step by step
- Prep your chicken by rinsing in cold water.
- Prep your veggies by rinsing in cold water then slicing the onions and cutting up the red potatoes.
- Cut up veggies and layer in crock pot in this order : baby carrots, sliced onions. then add red potatoes on top… I used a slow cooker liner in my crock pot, I also sprayed the liner with a cooking spray so veggies don’t stick to the bottom.
- Add clean chicken on top of veggies, then sprinkle on top of chicken garlic powder,black pepper,lemon pepper,sazon with achiote, parsley flakes, and drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle enough of the ingredients to coat chicken then take the whole crock and refrigerate overnight so chicken can get those delicious flavors !.
- That’s what mine looks like….
- The next day take out crock and let sit on countertop for at least 30 min before you add it to the cooking element.
- Place in heating element of your crock pot and cook chicken and veggies for 8 hours on low or 10 hours on low (or 3.5 hours on high)….make sure you don’t open that cover !.
- And this is the finished meal, I added the veggies back to the crock when chicken was done, it was falling off the bones ! :).
- Enjoy 😉.
PS it will be very VERY tender so be careful when you are taking it out of the crock pot because it will just fall apart. Crockpot whole chicken that anyone can make! This is the easiest way to enjoy a juicy, rotisserie like chicken by only using a crockpot. This slow cooker whole chicken is dedicated to all of my favorite friends that claim that they can't cook. This recipe for crockpot whole chicken is a wonderful recipe to make during the week or a weekend meal.