Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew. Beef Stew is a great way to use up leftover meat and veggies. I have made this dish so many times and each batch is different from the last. In the slow cooker bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Low carb beef stew is rich and hearty – without the carbs! You can have Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew
- You need 3.5 Lb of Chuck Roast Trimmed & Cut Into 1.5 Inch Cubes (approx.).
- You need 2 Cups of Low Sodium Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Marjoram.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves.
- Prepare 5-6 of Carrots Sliced into 1 Inch Pieces.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 3 of Celery Stalks Cut into 1/2 Inch Pieces.
- You need 1 of Large Yellow Onion Chopped.
- It’s 8 Oz of Package of White Button Mushrooms.
I love beef stew but typically it has two main ingredients that just don't work with a low-carb lifestyle, potatoes and flour. If you're practicing low-carb and have been missing beef stew like I have then you are going to love this Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stew! Well you are going to love it even if you don't worry about carbs but especially if you don't. How to make a keto beef stew?
Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew step by step
- I started with getting my meat and veggies in the crockpot. I used a 3.5 pound chuck roast which I trimmed and cubed into about 1.5 inch pieces. I chopped 1 large onion, 5 carrots, 3 celery stalks, and 3 cloves of garlic. Turn your crockpot on the low 8 hour setting. Add the veggies first and then put the cubed meat on top. Cover and let it start to warm while you get your broth and seasoning ready..
- In a bowl Combine 2 cups of low sodium beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, and the leaves from a few sprigs of fresh thyme (about 2 teaspoons.) Mix well and then pour over your meat and veggies..
- Cover and let cook for 7 hours (stirring every 2 hours.).
- After 7 hours spoon out some of the broth and veggies (about 1.5 to 2 cups.) Either use a blender or an immersion blender to blend until smooth, but be very careful because it is very hot..
- Add one 8 ounce pack of mushrooms (quartered,) and add the broth and veggies you just blended. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir and let cook for the last hour uncovered. By blending the veggies and broth you make a thicker gravy without having to use flour or cornstarch. I served it over a cauliflower mash. If you're wanting to indulge rice or potatoes are good serving suggestions as well..
Since this is a low carb beef stew, the carbs are slightly high. If you want to make a keto beef stew, you can either omit the onions, carrots and turnips or cut back on some of the amounts. Find recipes for low carb stews including beef stew recipes, healthy stew recipes, and more low carb stew recipes. Pressure Cooker Beef Daube Provencal My dish is perfect on chilly nights, especially after we have been out chopping wood. This keto beef stew is low carb, paleo, gluten free, and sugar free.