Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille. Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes. Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Use That Zucchini Or Courgettes As They Say In UK This time of the year, many people are looking to use zucchini. Zucchini plants generally give abundant yields if you grow your own. Server over rice or eat as is. You can have Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- It’s 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- It’s 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- Prepare of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- It’s of Salt.
The is a low calorie and fairly low carb dinner you can easy make any night of the week. You might also like this slow cooker creamy chicken and spinach recipe! This Chicken Ratatouille Recipe is tender, juicy, and full of flavor! A classic french dish gets a makeover for simplicity and can be easily converted into a crock pot recipe so everyone can afford a few minutes to sit down together!
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille step by step
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.
Serve with some crusty bread and you have a complete meal that makes hearty leftovers. You'll love how simple it is to make and how delicious it tastes! If you're on a healthy chicken recipe kick be sure to try this Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe, this recipe for Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Breasts with Potatoes & Veggies, and one of my. Place the eggplant in crock pot. Stir in the tomato paste, olives, and the fresh basil.