Crock Pot Taco Meat. This Crockpot Taco Meat Recipe makes the best taco meat packed with flavor. Dinner time is a breeze when you make taco meat in crock pot. Whether it is Mexican Monday or Taco Tuesday, our family is always up for a good taco.
Normally I just make the meat on the stove top, but decided I would try in the slow cooker but still make it super easy. Crockpot Taco Meat – This taco meat makes dinner super simple! Only a handful of ingredients for delicious taco meat made right in the slow cooker and ready to go at supper time! You can cook Crock Pot Taco Meat using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Taco Meat
- You need 2 pounds of meat – ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (per every 2 pds of meat.).
- You need 4 tablespoons of Taco seasoning (see my taco seasoning recipe) (2 tablespoon per every 2 pds of meat.).
We just got back from our trip to Chicago really late on Sunday night. It is true that this crockpot taco meat recipe can just as easily be made on the stove top and in a fraction of the time, but it will also be more likely to dry out. Slow cooker taco meat may become your new favorite way to make easy dinners! Making taco meat in a crock pot will save you time and money, because you can use the taco meat for meals all week long!
Crock Pot Taco Meat instructions
- Place the ground meat (raw) in the crock pot..
- Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix..
- Cover and cook on high for 3 -4 hours until no longer pink. Use a spoon to break up the taco meat and serve. (drain any fat off the meat).
- Notes – I like to break up the taco meat 30 minutes before serving. Also, you could use frozen ground beef but you will need to cook on high for 7 hours. This can be done in an instant pot/ pressure cooker as well just add 1 cup of Beef stock and sever with a slotted spoon or try to cook the beef stock out using the sauté function..
- I did drain an fat off. Then I broken up the meat and mixed it up, as you can see I had a lot of fat !.
This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes! Whether you have been slow cooking for years or you're new to slow cooking meals, check out my slow cooker user's resource guide for slow cooker. Add raw ground beef to crockpot, top with taco seasoning spices, tomato paste, diced green chiles, garlic, and onion. Use a wooden spoon to combine the best you can. Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth.