Sweet Potater tots. Peel the sweet potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and mash. Sweet Potato Tots with Rosemary and Sea Salt- Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. These sweet potato tater tots are oven baked (not fried) making them the perfect healthy snack or side dish.
They either weren't flavorful enough or the texture was off. These sweet potato tater tots recipe is one of them. Two weeks ago, I was in New York doing a lunch demonstration at the Kids' Food Festival — check out these carrot, hummus, avocado wraps !. You can cook Sweet Potater tots using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potater tots
- Prepare 2 large of Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Pepper.
- You need 2 cup of Potato Chips.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
After I finished the demonstration, a MOMables community member came to meet me and share some of her success recipes. The most perfect Baked (extra crispy) Sweet Potato Parmesan Tater Tots. Made simply with sweet potatoes, parmesan cheese, butter, fresh herbs, plenty of flaky sea salt and black pepper. Each homemade, oven-baked tater tot is delicious…and pretty healthy too.
Sweet Potater tots instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a fork, poke holes around the sweet potatoes. Place directly on the rack and bake for 50 minutes..
- In a food processor, turn the chips into very fine crumbs. (I used sweet potato tortilla chips).
- Peel off the skin and mash with the melted butter and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste (Optional)..
- Wipe down your baking sheet with a paper towel and cooking oil..
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Roll the ball into the chip crumbs completely covering it..
- Evenly space out the tots on your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip over and bake an additional 15 minutes. If it's not crispy enough, you can broil on high for 3 minutes each side..
- Serve with chipotle mayo dip, or sriracha and ketchup sauce..
Sweet potatoes are parboiled, mashed with some Cajun seasoning, and cooked in the air fryer for a lighter but still crunchy twist on potato tots. This will parboil the potatoes so they will be slightly firm but able to be pierced with a fork. Using a box grater, grate the potatoes and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning and form into tots. Grate the sweet potatoes into a bowl.