Greek Yogurt Butter Chicken Stew.
You can have Greek Yogurt Butter Chicken Stew using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Yogurt Butter Chicken Stew
- You need of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare of [Marinade].
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala (I left this out, add it if you have it).
- Prepare of [To Cook].
- You need 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of medium-sized onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger (fresh or ground).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes (cubed).
- Prepare 1 of chili (sliced).
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cream (I left this out as well, use it if you have it).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ground almonds (finely chopped).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro leaves (as garnish).
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock or water.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s of salt, pepper, sugar (to taste).
Greek Yogurt Butter Chicken Stew step by step
- In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric powder, ground cumin, ground nutmeg, garam masala. Coat chicken thighs and marinade overnight or at least 20 minutes.
- Heat wok with a little oil, melt butter.
- Stir in onions, garlic and ginger for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon stick, tomatoes, chili and a little salt into wok and continue cooking until they are a little soft.
- Add in marinaded chicken thigh (together with the marinade) and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Add in chicken stock. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add cream (if using) and tomato paste, stir, taste and adjust (salt and sugar) along the way. Cook for another 10 minutes..
- Top with almonds and cilantro leaves.