Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Great recipe for Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. It's one of my favorite dishes. No need to go to some over price restaurant, this recipe is way better than any restaurant anyways.
Heat your frying pan over medium heat, add some olive oil (about a tablespoon or so) and butter. Whisk in the butter, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water and return the shrimp. This Shrimp Scampi with White Wine has a garlicky, buttery sauce, balanced by the bright freshness of wine, lemon juice and parsley. You can cook Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook
- You need 1 of and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes).
- Prepare 16 oz of bag of spinach.
- Prepare 12 oz of small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen.
- You need 2 containers of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 2 of medium white sweet onions.
- It’s 1 bottle of white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sweet basil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Garlic bread optional.
It's fantastic mixed with pasta, over rice, or just with crusty bread for dipping in the sauce. Shrimp scampi is a delicious pasta dish with a lemon, butter, garlic, and white wine sauce! Join Eric from Simply Elegant Home Cooking as he demonstrates this easy but delicious recipe! Enjoy with your favorite wine, tossed green salad, and garlic bread, if desired.
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook instructions
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink..
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking.
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up.
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions.
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions.
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between.
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce).
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.).
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down..
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure.
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too.
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls..
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the lemon juice and serve over the pasta. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Serve the shrimp with angel hair pasta or crusty bread for a simple yet impressive dinner. An elegant meal can be prepared in a snap when crustaceans are on the menu.