Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth.
You can cook Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth
- Prepare 2 lb of mussels, in shell, washed, debearded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of baby bok choy, trimmed, cut into 1in. pieces.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, seeded, finely julienned.
- It’s 6 tbsp of shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (unsweetened), well shaken.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- You need 4 each of lime wedges.
Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth instructions
- Place the mussels in the saucepan; discard any that fail to close to the touch. Add the wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and cook, shaking, until the mussels open, about 5 minutes..
- Save the liquid and transfer the mussles to a bowl, discarding any that failed to open; cover and keep warm..
- Pour the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth (muslin) and set aside..
- Wipe out pan; add the oil and heat over medium heat..
- Add the bok choy, bell pepper, shallots, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost soft..
- Stir in brown sugar, curry powder, and cayenne; cook 1 minute..
- Pour in the coconut milk and reserved mussel cooking liquid; bring to a boil..
- Divide the mussels and vegetables among warmed bowls and ladle the broth over the top..
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side..