Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins. Top a Baked Potato with Bush's® Beans, Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Here's how to make loaded potato skins from scratch.
Scrub the potatoes under running water then dry them off with a clean kitchen towel. Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. You can have Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins
- It’s 4 of large Russet potatoes scrubbed clean.
- You need of Olive or vegetable oil to rub on skins of potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chives.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s of Bacon bits.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Mix with a hand mixer until well. Transfer potatoes to a cutting board, and cut in half. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the inside flesh of the potatoes and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the sour cream, melted butter, salt, pepper, ½ of the shredded cheese, and ½ of the scallions, and combine with a hand mixer until smooth.
Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins step by step
- Wash and dry potatoes. Prick with fork a few times to allow steam to escape..
- Rub oil over potatoes to cover completely..
- Place potatoes on oven rack and bake at 400 until tender in center..
- Slice potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out potato leaving small amount to help sturdy the sides of skins..
- Place skins back in oven to crisp up. About 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile mash potatoes with butter, chives, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits salt and pepper..
- Mix until creamy. Remove skins from oven and scoop filling into skins evenly..
- Bake until tops of potatoes are golden brown..
- Add additional cheese if you like..
- You can add any seasonings you like on your potato mixture. I just love the bacon and chives and cheese..
- Hope you enjoy.
Here you have a delicious recipe to make some really amazing and flavorful potato skins! How to Make Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes. Wrap potatoes in foil OR rub with a little bit of vegetable oil, prick with a fork and place on a lined baking sheet. I mean, we're basically talking about mashed potatoes mixed with cheese and other good things, stuffed inside a potato skin, and baked until crispy. I'll eat these any old time and with all manner of fillings.