Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS). It was my first time making this and I was very pleased with how. See great recipes for Tortilla Espanola, Tortilla Española (Spanish Omelet) too!. This board features a plethora of ideas that utilize Spain's coveted chorizo..
Peel and finely chop garlic and set aside. Chorizo Sausage: Slice a Spanish chorizo sausage and add to the potato and onion mixture after frying. Or, simply slice Spanish chorizo and combine with beaten eggs in the frying pan. You can cook Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS)
- Prepare 5 of brown eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 5 of baby redskin potatoes (thinly sliced half moons).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper (semi thick julienne).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of diced chorizo.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of LOTS evoo.
Tortilla Espanola at BARcelona Tapas Restaurant- Indianapolis "Let me start by saying that I have studied abroad in Spain twice. When I heard that Indy had a tapas bar, I instantly had flashbacks of the delicious Tortilla, croquetas, and… Authentic Spanish tortilla recipe Tortilla española os a delicious potato omelette, one of the very best Spanish tapas. Made with a few simple ingredients like potatoes, eggs, onion and garlic, this is a most satisfying dish that can be served either as a breakfast, appetizer ir a meal of its own.
Tortilla Espanola, Chorizo red pepper riff (TAPAS) step by step
- heat pan to med-high and prep all ingredients.
- sauté potatoes few minutes then add onions, garlic.
- lower heat and allow mixture to cook for another few while mixing eggs.
- Add bell pepper, Chorizo and egg mix then pull 'n tilt eggs around then let cook for a few.
- get plate large enough to cover pan, drizzle EVOO around circumference of tortilla and slightly separate so tortilla slides around easily.
- place plate over pan and FLIP!… slide raw bottom back into pan and cook over heat for 1 min..
- place onto serving dish and slice into wedges. Buen Provecho!.
Our version also features spicy chorizo sausage and sautéed red peppers. In a large mixing bowl, whip eggs, cream, salt, and pepper for two minutes. Stir in the diced onions, Manchego cheese, diced chorizo, and cooked potatoes. Tortilla Española is one of Spain's most popular snacks and essential in any tapas selection. It's very versatile and we can't think of anything it doesn't go with!