Easy Scallop Lunch. This simple scallop dish makes for an easy, yet elegant, weeknight dinner. If you don't have shallots on hand, substitute the white portion of a green onion for a similar flavor. Serve scallops on top of either pasta or mixed greens for quick, healthy meal.
In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Great recipe for Easy Scallop Lunch. I got some fresh scallops on sale, and couldn't wait until dinner! (I also couldn't afford enough scallops for the whole family;-) Sliced avacodo as a side dish was perfect. You can cook Easy Scallop Lunch using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Scallop Lunch
- It’s 5 of Fresh Scallops.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon pepper seasoning.
I also like spinach salad with mushrooms that I sauteed with the scallops. Get perfectly cooked scallops every time with this easy method. Sea scallops (the large ones) are sautéed in butter that turns deliciously nutty as it cooks, to make a super-fast, special dinner. A splash of lemon juice and fresh herbs finish the dish.
Easy Scallop Lunch step by step
- Rinse and dry scallops.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a wok or sautee pan..
- Add garlic and lemon pepper and sautee for 1-2 minutes, slightly browning garlic..
- Add Scallops and cook until browned and flaky looking, turning every 2minutes. (About 10 minutes total, depending on size of scallops).
Round out the menu with sautéed spinach and brown rice or orzo. Bobby Flay prepares to make wheat salad with scallops. He adds two cups of cracked wheat to four cups of boiling water, turns off the heat, covers it and lets it cook until fluffed. Make a quick weeknight dinner or date night in feel utterly impressive by preparing delicate scallops at home with ease. Scallops cook within minutes making it an easy seafood to pair with your favorite starch and/or vegetables for an elegant meal.