Italian thin focaccia. Focaccia is one of the most famous Italian flatbreads. Typical to Liguria and Genoa in particular it's You can find its variations all across Italy. Thin or tall, salty, salt free or even sweet; crunchy and oily.
Being rather thin and at the same. Another famous focaccia in Italy is the typical focaccia of Puglia (from Bari to be exact). It's a thin focaccia stuffed with cheese. You can cook Italian thin focaccia using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian thin focaccia
- You need 330 g of flour.
- Prepare 180 ml of ice cold water.
- It’s 10 g of yeast.
- You need 7 g of sugar.
- It’s 10 g of salt.
- You need 20 ml of olive oil.
- It’s of rosemary.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of more olive oil.
A delicacy that's a little bit difficult to make at home, but it's worth a try! Easy homemade focaccia recipe that's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and super addictive. Warm from the oven, it tastes amazing! This focaccia has a fine crumb and a tender crust, which makes it a perfect side for BBQs, the perfect bread to go along with hummus, or simply to use for an Italian-style sandwich.
Italian thin focaccia step by step
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and ice cold water, knead well.
- When the dough looks ready, add the olive oil and knead more.
- Make 4-6 round pieces and put to the fridge for a couple hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to the max (i got 260°C) with the pan inside.
- Roll the dough to a very thin round and put on the hot pan.
- Prepare some minced garlic in olive oil and cover the dough, add coarse salt and rosemary.
- Bake for a few minutes until ready.
Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread product similar in style and texture to pizza dough. Focaccia can be used as a side to many meals or as sandwich bread. Focaccia al rosmarino (focaccia with rosemary). Thinly slice half of garlic and mince the rest. Focaccia is an Italian flatbread baked with olive oil, salt, and additional toppings.